The Cottages

Facing the West Front of the house, well clear of the moat are a range of attractive half timbered cottages, which have been dated at about 1475. Once forming an outer quadrangle for stabling, they were converted into staff quarters in Victorian times. This picture was taken from a first floor window, hence the iron window frame in view.