Royal Pavilion

the Royal Pavilion began life as little more than a modest farmhouse, which George then Prince of Wales rented when he first began visiting Brighton in 1783. In 1787 he asked Henry Holland to create a classically styled villa on the site known as the Marine Pavillion. This was enlarged between 1815-1822 by John Nash and transformed into the present Pavilion.